Steve has deep roots in Idaho reaching back to the late 1850s when his great-great-
grandfather George Abbott and his brother Jack traveled through the Camas Prairie on
the way from Oregon to Washington DC. Family lore is that he never forgot that
beautiful valley and returned with his wife and 3 children on July 17, 1888. Steve
believes in Idaho values and the heritage passed down from the settlers who had the
dreams, vision and grit to settle and thrive in the Idaho territory. He believes as
Idahoans we have a responsibility to protect and pass those values and traditions on to
our children and grandchildren.
Steve is a graduate of the University of Idaho with a Bachelor of Science in Agricultural
Engineering and has been blessed with 3 children: Nancy, James and Andrew.
Steve and his son James manage the farm operations of their family farm and ranch on
the Camas Prairie.
Steve has a history of voluntary service to his community and to the State.
– 17 years County Planning and Zoning
– 6 years Camas County Commissioner
– Elected Camas Soil & Water Conservation Supervisor and serving as State
Association President and National Association Secretary-Treasurer.
– 16 years marketing wholesale/retail organic grain products in the Northwest.
– 12 years running trucks transporting those products in the Northwest
– President of the Twin Lakes Reservoir Company
– President of the Blaine-Camas County Farm Bureau
– 6 years as a member of the Idaho House of Representatives