I am not a lawyer or a career politician, BUT…
• I earned a bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a Top 10 Accounting School. I paid my way through school washing hi-rise windows; I'm not afraid of high places.
• I’ve been married 40 years. We have 9 children, with strong personalities and opinions, yet we all get along pretty well. I think that makes me the ultimate politician.
• I excel at bringing together the right people to meet a challenge. I do it daily working for a high-tech company in the Treasure Valley.
• I lived in Colombia for 2 years and worked in Mexico for 15.
• I have seen what poor political policies can do to countries and to people I love. I see it happening here in our country and I know I can make a difference.
Back to the statement about law degrees and career politicians, let me ask: HOW'S THAT WORKING OUT FOR US?
• I will defend the Constitution, first and foremost.
• I will never dishonor your trust, nor the state of Idaho, nor the United States.
• I will be informed and keep you informed.
• I will work hard, be prepared, be where I am supposed to be, and be there on time.
• I will work with a sense of urgency, and never get comfortable in this office.
• I will not over-promise and under-deliver; if something cannot be done, I will tell you.
• I will be relentless in my efforts to serve and honor the promises made.
Platform – Very Simple
1. We the People
• The Constitution of the United States is structured to limit the power of the Federal Government.
• We the People need to know those limits.
• I promise to defend those limits.
• First, any legislation I vote for must be good for individuals, households, families, and businesses. These are the people that make this country run.
• Second, it must be constitutional. There are a lot of good ideas that are unconstitutional. Those “good ideas” can be addressed by the States and the People, as stated in the 10th Amendment.
3. Low Taxes
• Individuals, households, families, and businesses know best how to spend their money.
• We need to end Big Government’s unlimited discretionary use of our earnings.
• Government should take only what is necessary to fulfill their limited responsibilities.
4. Integrity, Hard Work, Relentless
• Our country is facing some very hard times and many people are suffering.
• I will always work with a sense of urgency in protecting our freedoms.
I love God, my family and my friends. I love Idaho and I love our country.
If this message resonates with you, I ask you to share my name with friends and family. Thank you, and may God bless America.