Jeff Agenbroad is a 5th generation Nampa native who was raised on his family farm in south Nampa. It was his upbringing that instilled the Idaho values of hard work and dedication to the land and his community, and it is those same values that helped Jeff make the bold decision to run for office.
Being mindful of the needs of the people of Nampa and Idaho, has made Jeff a valued member of the Idaho Senate. He knows that jobs, education, taxes, infrastructure and transportation are just some of the big issues his constituents care about.
Jeff was taught that a penny saved is a penny earned and he admires and appreciates the people in his community who worked hard to create prosperity for themselves and their families.
After graduating from Nampa High School, Jeff headed north to attend the University of Idaho where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Finance. He wanted to further his education and use his rural background, so he continued his studies at Washington State University’s Northwest Ag Credit School followed by the Pacific Coast Banking School at the University of Washington.
Jeff serves as the Chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, the Co-Chairman of the Joint Finance and Appropriations Committee, Member of the Senate Commerce and Human Resources Committee. Additionally, he serves on Idaho’s Credit Rating and Enhancement Committee, the Idaho Behavior Health Council and is the Chairman of the State Property Review Committee.
Jeff has more than 20 years of experience in banking, and he and his wife Patricia have been small business and farm owners for more than a decade. His life experiences and education give him a greater understanding of the challenges and opportunities that small business owners and the agricultural community face daily.
Community involvement is important to Jeff. Aside from proudly serving the great people of District 13, he dedicates his time to many organizations including:
• Snake River Stampede Rodeo – board of directors, past president
• Saint Alphonsus Medical Center, Nampa – past board member, past chairman of the board
• Your Health Idaho – founding board member and past Treasurer
• United Way of Treasure Valley – past board member
• Kiwanis Club of Nampa – past president and member
• Nampa Mercy Housing – past board member
• University of Idaho Canyon County Alumni Association – past president and board member
• St. Paul’s Catholic Church – member
• Nampa Chamber of Commerce – member, past vice chairman and treasurer
Jeff and his wife Patricia live in Nampa, they have two grown children, Tony, and Amy.